Re: [jetty-dev] Re: [jetty-commit] r302 - in jetty/trunk: . jetty-aggregate jetty-aggregate/jetty-all jetty-aggregate/jetty-all-server jetty-aggregate/jetty-client jetty-aggregate/jetty-plus jetty-aggregate/jetty-server jetty-aggregate/jetty-servlet jetty-aggregate/

Jesse McConnell wrote:
> I would like to change the jetty-aggregate-project to
> jetty-aggregate-parent to reflect that it is a parent pom for a set of
> modules as opposed to a wholy separate project.

sure

> Also a quick thought, should these be a part of the project itself or
> should they be a separate trunk/branch/tags setup?  Not sure how I
> feel one way or the other on that...wanted to throw it out there for
> discussion though.

I don't really want to add any more release cycles than necessary.
We already have too many bits and pieces.

The aggregates will always be released with jetty, so I think they
belong they just as much as the distribution does.

> I am thinking I like it being its own release train as it will not
> cause clashing and keeps the import into eclipse clearly jetty
> development artifacts. (there is import clashing right now as two
> artifacts can't import with jetty-server as the artifact name....The
> import into eclipse of the clean project now has a mixture of these
> aggregates which I am not super keen on.

Well I think that is actually a bug in the import project mechanism.
It should handle the fact that artefact names need to be unique only
within the same groupId.   This bug has already perverted some artefactId's
I think!

But while I'm here.... both Jan and I have noticed that when we build
jetty-7 now from a clean checkout, with an empty repo, it builds ok, but
the aggregate jars created are empty!   If you remake them, then they build
fine afterwards.  Any ideas why that might be so?

cheers

Back to the top