Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Java-->Editor-->Behavior

Marco,

Thanks a lot for clarifying the templates!

Marco Qualizza wrote:
> The others (switch, for, while, do) have similar templates, and you can always
> modify the default templates or add your own.  In other words: Eclipse blows
> the other editors out of the water. ;-)

Great to know :).

> > The editor does not automatically closes curly brackets '{', even then I
> > check "Automatically close brackets and parenthasis". Is it a bug?
>
> As far as I know, it's working correctly.  Paranthesis are (), brackets are []
> (ie/ it doesn't specify braces {}).

Well, is there any reason braces are not allowed to be closed
automatically? I can't think of any..
In fact, it would be useful if you've added this to Eclipse..

Thank you,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto

Back to the top