Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Java-->Editor-->Behavior

> The editor does not automatically closes curly brackets '{', even then I
> check "Automatically close brackets and parenthasis". Is it a bug?

As far as I know, it's working correctly.  Paranthesis are (), brackets are []
(ie/ it doesn't specify braces {}).

> Also, in some editors special java keywords are recognized, for example
> typing "if" followed by a space will automatically add "(){}" brackets.
> Same applies to "switch", "for", "while".
> Typing "do" (followed by a space) will add:
> "do {
> } while (  );"

> It will be nice to see same in Eclipse.

There are templates.
if<ctrl-space> (pick if - if statement) generates
      if (condition)
      {

      }

(condition will be highlighted.  As soon as you fill in your condition, hit
"tab" and you'll be in the body of the if statement)

The others (switch, for, while, do) have similar templates, and you can always
modify the default templates or add your own.  In other words: Eclipse blows
the other editors out of the water. ;-)

HTH,
   Marco

--