Re: [jdt-ui-dev] [Q] How to use the Packages view actions from another plugin?

Stefan,

the actions that show-up in the context-menu are either available
themselves or as action groups as API.
See the org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions package. With the help of the action
groups it is straightforward
to compose a context menu as is shown in the packages view.

You can get at the PackagesExplorer's view with the IPackagesViewPart
interface. To do so
you look up the ViewPart with the PackagesExplorer's view id defined in
JavaUI.ID_PACKAGES_VIEW.

--erich

                      "Stefan Buynov"
                      <s_buynov@prosyst         To:      <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      .bg>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject: [jdt-ui-dev] [Q] How to use the Packages view actions from another
                      jdt-ui-dev-admin@         plugin?
                      eclipse.org

                      06/10/2002 02:39
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      jdt-ui-dev

Hi,

I have a view which copies to some extend the structure of the Packages
view from the JDT plugin. I want to use the popup menu of the Packages view
(with the same functionality), but I don't see a way to get it from my
plugin. Even if I get the PackageExplorerPart instance for the perspective
via getFromActivePerspective(), I don't see how I could get the tree for
the view, or it's context menu.
Is there a way to do this?
TIA.

Regards,