Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Editor scrolling

This is new behaviour that got introduced in F2 and I agree that in the
case of import statements it is annoying.
The only way to turn this off is currently is to disable the reconcile
everywhere
option Preferences>Java>"Reconcile Java Views...".

I've filed bug 19431.
--erich

                      Stef_van_Dijk@oti
                      .com                      To:      jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      jdt-ui-dev-admin@         Subject: Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Editor scrolling
                      eclipse.org

                      06/05/2002 05:58
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      jdt-ui-dev

I have not noticed this specifically. However, I do see that adding an
import will expand the compilation unit in the Java Packages view and even
expand the import declarations section in order to select the newly added
import. I find this very annoying. I don't mind the option to generally
"Link Packages view selection to active editor" so long as it's just
limited to selecting the compilation unit. But following the addition of
imports and auto-expanding to select those entries (and whatever it is that
is triggering expansion of the class itself to show the methods) in the
Java Packages view is overkill in my opinion.
Is there an option to curtail this that I've missed? I hope so.

   Stef

                      Ralf Steck

                      <ralf.steck@gmx.n         To:
jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      et>                       cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject: [jdt-ui-dev]
Editor scrolling
                      jdt-ui-dev-admin@

                      eclipse.org

                      06/05/2002 05:19

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      jdt-ui-dev

Since F2 the Java editor is automatically scrolling
to the modified line in some cases.
For example:
 if an import statement is added by the code assist,
the editor scrolls to the new import statement.

I think this behaviour can be disturbing depending
on your developing style. (e.g. mine :-) )
I didn't find any possiblity to disable this new behaviour.

I would really appreciate if there would be an easy way
to switch this off.

How do others think about this ?

Yours,
Ralf