[jdt-ui-dev] Idea: Completion filters -- thoughts?

Before I submit this idea to the feature request thingy, thought I'd float
it by...

I was thinking yesterday, after accidentally choosing java.awt.Button in
code completion for the three millionth time), that optional filters could
be added to code completion.

The user could specify a filter pattern (or perhaps just choose packages to
exclude) and anything matching that pattern would not appear in code
completion.

For those of us not using AWT, this would be a godsend, and I'm this close
to writing the mod meself ;) Course I've got too many other projects in
motion ;)

Thoughts?
-- Scott

Back to the top