Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Idea: Completion filters -- thoughts?

I like the idea of a package exclusion filter (similar as we do it for step
filtering). It would have other uses than
just in code assist. Consider organize imports and having to disambiguate
between java.util.List and the SWT List.
However, our 2.0 feature bucket is already full and we would need external
help on this feature.

--erich

                      Scott Stanchfield
                      <scott@javadude.c         To:      jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      om>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject: [jdt-ui-dev] Idea: Completion filters -- thoughts?
                      jdt-ui-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      05.03.2002 02:07
                      Please respond to
                      jdt-ui-dev

Before I submit this idea to the feature request thingy, thought I'd float
it by...

I was thinking yesterday, after accidentally choosing java.awt.Button in
code completion for the three millionth time), that optional filters could
be added to code completion.

The user could specify a filter pattern (or perhaps just choose packages to
exclude) and anything matching that pattern would not appear in code
completion.

For those of us not using AWT, this would be a godsend, and I'm this close
to writing the mod meself ;) Course I've got too many other projects in
motion ;)

Thoughts?
-- Scott