Re: [jdt-ui-dev] changed SEF refactoring

Hi Jens,

thanks a lot for extending SEF. Currently I am in the process of extending the change infrastructure so it is
hard for me to look at your code. But I will do it until the end of the week. Regarding your questions:

- to get all parents simply add the following method to ParentProvider. I will do the same in our code. The
  method was simply missing ;-).

        public AstNode[] getParents() {
                if (fTracker == null)
                        return new AstNode[0];
                List result= fTracker.getParents();
                return (AstNode[]) result.toArray(new AstNode[result.size()]);
        }

- regarding your transformation: also we proposed something similar in the arcticle I am not convienced anymore that
transforming a prefix or postfix into setField(getField() + 1),.... is the right thing to do. Have you thought about adding
methods like

public int incField(boolean prefix) {
        if (prefix) {
                return ++field;
        } else {
                int result= field;
                field++;
                return result;
        }
}

to the class. This would simplify transforing prefix and postfix _expression_. If we are really smart then the incField method only
returns a value if we have code like int i= field++;

- you should be able to debug with the eclipse launcher. Have you started the target via the "debug" button ?
I use the Eclipse launcher too and it works

Hope that helps

Dirk

"Jens Lukowski" <jens.lukowski@xxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx