Re: [jdt-dev] [ECJ] Heap Increases from the 1.7 to 1.8 Compiler Option

Sorry for the confusion, but, yes, it’s the latter.

WebSphere (Java Enterprise Edition 7 server) can only run on Java 8, and the JSP files are translated to servlets and compiled during runtime (specifically during app start up). Then the compiled code is invoked during a request.

If the JSPs are compiled with 1.7, memory usage is low. With 1.8, and everything else being the same, the utilization increases.

Volodymyr