Re: [jdt-dev] Proposal for improving JDT Core and JDT LS

Hi,

One benefit of the current approach of refactoring JDT-UI to make some bits reusable by JDT-LS is that it enforces to design very early APIs that fit both JDT-UI and JDT-LS; while it may seem slower to progress, I believe this increases the functional and technical quality (and coverage) of the newly developed APIs; so in the end, the gain in quality (and thus maintenance) may be worth the slower development.
So I think the risk with an approach of introducing APIs for JDT-LS is that those APIs do not fit JDT-UI and that making those fit in later will reveal itself to be a too big effort that will lead to having more code to maintain for an overall lower quality.

Cheers,

Back to the top