Re: [jdt-dev] discussion about my current "Enable Classpath Cycles"project

Re export I wrote: "exporting a feature via the Export wizard"
- more precisely:
- use org.eclipse.jdt-feature from git ssh://<user>@git.eclipse.org:29418/jdt/eclipse.jdt.git
  - Export > Plug-in Development > Deployable features
    make sure org.eclipse.jdt is selected
  - if you want to export it to a different machine select "Archive file"
  - other defaults should be OK

Regarding the import: "this will normally create an update site"
- more precisely:
  - in the workhost Eclipse select Install New Software ...
    - Press Add ... > Archive ... find the file created by step 1
    - deselect [ ] Group items by category
    - follow the wizard

You may want to check the "Qualifier replacement" during export to ensure that you create a version that compares as greater than your current version.

HTH,
Stephan