[jdt-dev] Configuration for testing BETA_JAVA9?

I was trying to execute a regular compiler test with runConformTest() on jdk 9,
which on my machine fails because
   org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.runtime.LocalVMLauncher.getLauncher()
looks for JAVA_HOME/jrt-fs.jar but in recent versions it should look for
JAVA_HOME/lib/jrt-fs.jar right?

I could imagine this to go unnoticed on Windows, because as a fall-back a
SideCarVMLauncher is used, which just invokes "javaw", which might work on
Windows but not on Linux.

Next I tried to figure out, if perhaps I'm not using the correct JDK version,
but Hudson's eclipse.jdt.core-Gerrit as well as Y-Builds apparently still run
on Java 8. As a result in neither kind of build could I see traces of 9-specific
tests being run.

What am I missing?
Stephan

Back to the top