Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Enhancing Java debugger

Hello,

The Eclipse Java debugger does support JRS045 - which is standard support
for debugging languages that get translated to Java - for example JSPs.
This support allows cross debugging from Java source to JSP source in the
same system process. However, I'm not sure if this would apply to sleep
(i.e. if it is translated to .java or if it is interpretted by a Java
program).

Darin Wright

Ouretskey Boris <Boris.Ouretskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/11/2007 02:51 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list." <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[jdt-debug-dev] Enhancing Java debugger

Hi!
I would like to enhance Java Debugger to debug Sleep Scripting http://
sleep.hick.org  that our main program launches sometimes.
Firstly, if you know someone somewhere that has already started working on
similar project please inform me.
The problem I have, is that our main program written in java sometimes
executes sleep scripting files. Consequently I would like java debugger to
jump into loaded Sleep file and start debugging from there.
All tutorials I seen up until now (
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/how-to.html) are talking
about debugging process completely strange to java. But what I needed is
mixed debugging of java program and launched scripting files.
Does someone have a resource (tutorial, faq) on building mixed Java, DSL
language debugger - e.g. debugger that can launch java process, debug it
as usual java process, but when sleep scripting file is loaded (in the
same process) is also able to stop in breakpoints that defined in
scripting file.
Any advice on arntitecture/resource/guideline/tutorial/pointers to similar
projects will be highly appreciated.
Thanks