[jdt-debug-dev] Enhancing Java debugger

Title: Enhancing Java debugger

Hi!

I would like to enhance Java Debugger to debug Sleep Scripting http://sleep.hick.org  that our main program launches sometimes.

Firstly, if you know someone somewhere that has already started working on similar project please inform me.

The problem I have, is that our main program written in java sometimes executes sleep scripting files. Consequently I would like java debugger to jump into loaded Sleep file and start debugging from there.

All tutorials I seen up until now (http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/how-to.html) are talking about debugging process completely strange to java. But what I needed is mixed debugging of java program and launched scripting files.

Does someone have a resource (tutorial, faq) on building mixed Java, DSL language debugger - e.g. debugger that can launch java process, debug it as usual java process, but when sleep scripting file is loaded (in the same process) is also able to stop in breakpoints that defined in scripting file.

Any advice on arntitecture/resource/guideline/tutorial/pointers to similar projects will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Back to the top