Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Halt button is not available when application is running.

The terminate button should only be 'enabled' when an element in the debug view is selected that supports termination. The action should be disabled when nothing is selected (otherwise it's not clear what the action will terminate). So, this is working as expected.

The terminate button in the console is enabled for its associated process, as long as the process is not terminated.

Darin Wright

Xuan Chen/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/12/2006 04:31 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list."

"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list." <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[jdt-debug-dev] Halt button is not available when application is        running.

Hi,

Our product includes a debugger which is built on top of Eclipse debug
support.  When we moved to Eclipse 3.2, M4, we noticed that when the
application is running, the Halt and Terminate buttons are not available
any more, since there is nothing selected in the debug view.   But in
previous release of Eclipse, when an application is running, the Halt and
Terminate button were available, since one of the threads will always been
selected.  This cause some usability issue of our debug support.

I was able to reproduce this in the Eclipse Java debugger in M4 of Eclipse
3.2.  It is not exactly the same.  While a Java application is running (I
just used an infinite loop), there is nothing selected in the debugger
view.  The Halt button is not available, but the terminate button is
available.

Just wondering if it is a known problem?  If not, can I open a bug for it?

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx