Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Detecting compilation unit errors? (Bug 1729)

That would make sense, but we're apparently getting resource changed
notifications for the classfiles, so they must be getting changed by the
compilation. I'll look into the idea, though. Maybe we're just getting "dud"
changed notifications.

Thanks,
- Jared

On Wednesday 12 December 2001 07:50 am, you wrote:
> Tuesday, December 11, 2001, 7:36:45 PM, you wrote:
> > The JavaHotCodeReplaceManager listens to resource changes. When it hears
> > that a classfile has changed, it informs running targets and attempts a
> > hot code replace.
> >
> > We want to not even attempt the HCR if the compilation unit has
> > compilation errors. Given a class file, is there a simple way to detect
> > if it has errors?
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, but wouldn't a compilation error result in *no*
> class file?  Thus, you'd have the old file there and could just do
> something as simple as a timestamp check?  Or does the compiler in the
> JDT do partial compilations?

Back to the top