Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Breakpoint Poll: Properties View vs. Properties Dialog

I am not a big fan of the properties view.

However, breakpoints have properties that have much more state than an
on/off switch.  I would like a little of both worlds.  Properties that are
on/off switches should still be accessable from the menu.  For other
properties, I'd like to see the dialog.

jkca

                    "Darin
                    Wright/WPG/OTI"              To:     platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
                    <Darin_Wright@xxxxxxx        jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    >                            cc:
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     [jdt-debug-dev] Breakpoint Poll: Properties View vs.
                    jdt-debug-dev-admin@e        Properties Dialog
                    clipse.org

                    11/22/2001 01:49 PM
                    Please respond to
                    jdt-debug-dev

Currently, there are two ways to edit the attributes of breakpoints:
1) Via pop-up menu in the breakpoints view (i.e. enable/disable, etc).
2) Via the property view for a selected breakpoint - displays/edits all
attributes of a breakpoint, or common attributes among mult-selected
breakpoints.

(NOTE: We plan to add pop-up breakpoint actions to the Java editor ruler
menu as well)

The debug team has a couple questions:
1) Is the property view effective, and do people like/use it?
2) Would users rather see a "Properties..." pop-up menu item in the
breakpoints view (and ruler) which would open a standard properties dialog
on the selected breakpoint?

Darin

Back to the top