[jdt-core-dev] Potential new contributor

Hi all,

I'm Gérard Paligot. I'm a contributor on an open source project which uses JDT to analyse and transform Java source code (Spoon for interested).

Recently, I report few bugs useful for Spoon (i.e. issues here or here) but I'm interested to contribute directly.

I made some research to know how contribute on JDT Core. Finally, I found the git URL but the project is impossible to install (mvn install). I have some missing dependencies:

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:

[ERROR]   Software being installed: org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool 1.1.0.qualifier

[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.eclipse.jdt.core 3.11.0.qualifier requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.filesystem [1.0.0,2.0.0)' but it could not be found

[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool 1.1.0.qualifier depends on: bundle org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.3.0,4.0.0)

[ERROR]

[ERROR] See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Dependency_Resolution_Troubleshooting for help.

[ERROR] Cannot resolve dependencies of MavenProject: org.eclipse.jdt:org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/gerard/Documents/workspace/jdt-core-github/org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool/pom.xml: See log for details -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

Do you have some ideas to resolve these dependencies? And what is the process to open a Pull Request and where?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
-- Gérard

Back to the top