From:        "Mohamed M. El-Beltagy" <melbeltagy@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse JDT Core developers list." <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/28/2014 01:50 PM
Subject:        Re: [jdt-core-dev] Help checking out jdt-core projects
Sent by:        jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

First of all, I would really like to thank Jay for his support so far. I don't think I could have reached so far without his valuable FAQ's update.
I've successfully ran the test cases as described in the FAQ page (no modifications made to any of the projects). Just to make sure I got the environment working fine and have a feeling of the expected behavior of running the tests before I actually do any coding.

Since I'm very excited to contribute to JDT/Core; I have found me some bugs that I can work on and deliver to Gerrit during the next period. I'm thinking of starting with 294945, then 440503 and finally trying to solve this monster: 224708.
If you think I can contribute to something more important, I would be glad to help.

My problem is that according to Jay's update on the FAQ (https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core_Committer_FAQ#What_branch_should_I_use.3F); I should be working on R4_4_maintenance branch (since some of these bugs are shouldn't take time).
I tried looking it up but seems it does not exist yet.
Should I continue working on the master branch, wait for the creation of R4_4_maintenance branch or create it myself, if applicable?

If I'm to wait for the creation of the maintenance branch; when is it expected to be created, please?
If I'm to create it, if I am allowed to, is there anything I should take care of before doing so?

Your input is highly appreciated.