Re: [jdt-core-dev] Help checking out jdt-core projects

Dear Jay,

The first thing I tried was pointing to JDK 1.6 as JDK 1.4 execution environment. It gave me this error message:
Build path specifies execution environment J2SE-1.4. There are no JREs installed in the workspace that are strictly compatible with this environment.

The error did not get resolved no matter what I did until I downloaded and installed JDK 1.4 and configured Eclipse to use it as JDK 1.4 execution environment.

Notes (in case they make a difference):
- My current environment is Eclipse Luna (RCP edition), running using JDK8.
- No modifications were made to either workspace settings (except as mandated by FAQ and https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Git_Workflows#Configure_the_workspace) nor to any of the loaded projects.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken or missing something.