[jdt-core-dev] proper command line incremental build

Hello,

I am looking to use JDT compiler to implement *proper* incremental java
compiler for a command line build tool (maven, to be specific, but I
think actual build tool is irrelevant). By "proper" I mean correct
handling of inter-class dependencies, so if one source is changed or
deleted, everything that depends on the changed/delete source is
recompiled accordingly.

I am reasonably familiar with how incremental build is implemented in
Eclipse workspace JavaBuilder, but I am wondering if somebody considered
this for command line build and can provide any insight, helper code I
can use, gotchas to watch out for, and so on.

Thank you in advance.

Igor

Back to the top