Re: [jdt-core-dev] Building org.eclipse.jdt.annotation with Java7 fails

Hi Tom,

Are you really surprised that JDT for Java8 requires JRE8?
The build failure should normally happen when checking the BREE:
that bundle *should* require JavaSE-1.8. We just didn't set the
BREE to JavaSE-1.8, because our development environment doesn't
yet consistently support that BREE.

If you'd succeed building JDT on JRE7, running the tests on JRE7
would still trigger thousands of failures. I don't know what good
such a build would be.

If you really need to build JDT BETA_JAVA8 on JRE7 you might try
to remove org.eclipse.jdt.annotation[2.0.0,3.0.0) from the JDT feature.
If all goes well, this should "only" break the tests.

best,
Stephan