Re: [jdt-core-dev] Current state of BETA_JAVA8

> From: Rabea Gransberger <rgransberger@xxxxxx>
> Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

For comparison, I don't know whether you are looking
to compare eclipse as an IDE with other environments
in which javac plugs in or you mean ECJ vs javac.

For the latter, a good starting point would be to
look at all the optional diagnostics that are configurable
as error/warning/ignore from under Window+Preferences or
equivalently the help page that shows all the compiler
options.

> Could you detail for which area bug reports are welcome?

For 308, the compiler could be tested for supporting type
annotations in all new annotatable locations, that only
annotations with suitable target type meta annotations are
allowed etc.

For 335, the compiler could be tested for accepting lambdas
and method/constructor references, default methods etc in the
allowed locations and that various error scenarios are
indeed caught.

Given the missing pieces, it would only make sense to try
"negative tests" - the ones that trigger some error and
are supposed to be rejected by the compiler - by the next
(internal) milestone date of March 31st, we expect to have
many more things testable.

Srikanth.

Back to the top