Re: [jdt-core-dev] Current state of BETA_JAVA8

> In this particular case, it's the "feature branch" approach that's useful.
> Patches are fine for single fixes, but for big-feature work, it'd be
really
> helpful to have easy
> access to a repo that the committers could review in, without requiring
full
> committer status.
> I chose GitHub for that, for now.

Jesper,

Thanks for the reply. It's great to hear that you are off to a good start.
Of course I am sure that Srikanth and the team are welcoming, and I
apologize if I come across as implying anything different.

The Eclipse Foundation does have some concerns with how github manages
intellectual property. If you're doing all the work there by yourself, I
don't think it's an issue. But if it does come to pass that others step
forward to help you on your github fork, could I please ask that you contact
the Foundation's staff for help on how to accept their contributions? This
even includes code contributions from existing Eclipse committers. It would
be truly unfortunate if IP due diligence caused any avoidable delays or
problems down the road.

Back to the top