[jdt-core-dev] Change in JDT/Core leadership.

Due to escalating demands on my personal time, I am going to have cut back
on work hours and also free up myself from leadership responsibilities, late
evening conference calls etc. I am hugely grateful to Eclipse/JDT leadership
team for accommodating this request and allowing me to seek a better
work-life balance.

I would like to propose Jayaprakash Arthanareeswaran ("Jay") as the new lead
for the team. Jay has been a committer for the JDT/Core project for nearly three
years. During this period, he has owned and maintained the Java model component
of the JDT/Core. Apart from fixing several important bugs and adding enhancements
in this area, Jay has also been the 'build master' for the JDT/Core team and was
responsible for orchestrating bug verification and testing of milestone builds and
releases. Jay has also been a contributor to the Orion project for a short time
during the project's initial days. Before coming on board eclipse, he had worked as
a J2EE expert for both services and product organizations, in different capacities,
including leadership roles. He has over 12 years of experience in software development.

The effective date of change in JDT/Core leadership is planned to be Jan 1st 2013.

My priorities post the transition are: (a) continue to be available for consultation for
the new lead (b) Train/mentor the new team members and help build a strong full
strength team (c) Continue as an individual expert contributor on the project (albeit
on a reduced time basis ~30 hours/week) and help deliver Java 8 (among other
deliverables)

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the team members for all your help and
great contributions.

Thanks!
Srikanth Sankaran.

Back to the top