Re: [jdt-core-dev] how to use pre-build jdt index files?

Hi,
    what I'm trying to do is developed my own maven configurator, it's used for customize classpath entries.
>From jdt's javadoc, if I want to reuse existed index files, I need to add IClasspathAttribute for classpath entries.
So I did. After that, I need to update project configuration to make changes effective.

   question is, before we had this configurator to customize access rules for classpath entries.
Also need to update project configuration.
what I did for jdt indexing now, just add another attribute.
I think the time for update project configuration should be the same.

Regards
Simon
From: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Stephan Herrmann [stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 1:06 PM
To: Eclipse JDT Core developers list.
Subject: Re: [jdt-core-dev] how to use pre-build jdt index files?

> After launch eclipse and import maven projects, I found jdt do reuse
> existed index files.
>
> But it took longer time to complete build workspace job.

As you mention maven:
- I'm not sure anybody has tested prebuilt indices for the maven
   class path container yet?
- To be sure you're measuring only JDT time, not maven time,
   could you set maven to "offline" during tests?
   Also make sure m2e doesn't update any project configuration
   during startup.

best,
Stephan