[jdt-core-dev] Strange formatting when using JDT core DOM infrastructure

Hi folks!

I'm working on the JBoss Forge tool (https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/FORGE/Home). For some of its features it uses JDT core tooling to generate or modify Java classes. For example, it may create JPA entities. However, the final format is quite weird:

package com.example.test;

import javax.persistence.Entity;public @Entity class Employee {}

I would expect something like that:

package com.example.test;

import javax.persistence.Entity;

@Entity
public class Employee {}

You noticed how in the generated input the import, the annotation and the class declaration are on a single line? And @Entity is placed between the public and class words?

I have attached here a sample class, which demonstrates how we use the JDT parser API. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? And is it possible to have more beautiful formatting?

Thanks and regards,
Ivan