Re: [jdt-core-dev] Weird usage of Java Generics compiles correctly with JDT (and code runs) but does not compile with Oracle's compiler

Hi Srikanth

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for posting at the wrong place.
For your info, I posted the same question on the OpenJDK mailing list and they answered as follows:

These failures are caused by the fact that JDK 6 compiler doesn't implement type-inference correctly. A lot of effort has been put into JDK 7 compiler in order to get rid of all these problems (your program compiles fine in JDK 7). However, some of those inference improvements require source incompatible changes, which is why we cannot backport these fixes in the JDK 6 release.

Kind Regards
Danilo