Re: [jdt-core-dev] Performance bug in the concurrent compiler

Markus,

can you please file a bug report against JDT Core where you provide steps /
test case that shows the problem? Of course if can also provide the patch,
then that's fantastic.

Thanks,
Dani

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Markus Gaisbauer <markus.gaisbauer@xxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                     |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                          |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |23.04.2010 23:25                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[jdt-core-dev] Performance bug in the concurrent compiler                                                                                         |

I recently wondered why clean builds in Eclipse were so much slower
than clean builds with javac on my machine. During my search I
discovered a critical performance bug in the work queue of the
concurrent compiler (ProcessTaskManager). After locating and fixing
the problem, I was able to get the build duration down from about 100
seconds to under 30 seconds. I summarized the problem on the following
page: http://markus-gaisbauer.appspot.com/

I am not yet entirely sure that my current fix is side-effect free,
but after I clean it up a bit I could provide a patch for it.

Regards,
Markus

P.S.: Will the JDT source base switch to Java 5 anytime soon?