[jdt-core-dev] Performance bug in the concurrent compiler

Hi,

I recently wondered why clean builds in Eclipse were so much slower
than clean builds with javac on my machine. During my search I
discovered a critical performance bug in the work queue of the
concurrent compiler (ProcessTaskManager). After locating and fixing
the problem, I was able to get the build duration down from about 100
seconds to under 30 seconds. I summarized the problem on the following
page: http://markus-gaisbauer.appspot.com/

I am not yet entirely sure that my current fix is side-effect free,
but after I clean it up a bit I could provide a patch for it.

Regards,
Markus

P.S.: Will the JDT source base switch to Java 5 anytime soon?

Back to the top