[jdt-core-dev] JDT for Java-like languages

Hi all,

At this year's EclipseCon, we had some great discussions about the
ways that we can extend JDT to support java-like languages (AspectJ,
Groovy, Scala, etc).  On Wednesday night, we had a bof where a bunch
of JDT extenders chatted with Olivier and Deepak on the JDT (core and
UI) teams about what our requirements are and if there is any way that
the JDT core team can help us achieve them.

Olivier had mentioned that the first step is to set up a wiki page
where we can start to discuss and brain storm.  I have just created a
skeleton of that page here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Extending_JDT_For_Java_Like_Languages

Over the next few days, I (and hopefully some others) will populate
the page with some useful information that I hope can get a
conversation started.

As an introduction for myself, I am working on AJDT as well as
Groovy-tooling for Eclipse and I have been doing this for the past 2
years.

I'm looking forward to starting a conversation on this and seeing if
anything can come out of this.  Thanks for your time.

Back to the top