Re: [jdt-core-dev] Papers on the 'Change Method Signature' refactoring

Most refactorings in Eclipse (including change method signature) are not based on specific papers.
The authors have just closely read the Java Langauge Specification,
skimmed over the well-known literature on refactoring, written JUnit tests,
and finally implemented the stuff.

So, everthing there is to look at is the source :-).

Happy reading,
Markus

P.S. http://pag.csail.mit.edu/~akiezun/research.html has a few papers on this.

Marc-André Laverdière <mlaverd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

2006-12-11 23:09

Please respond to
m_laverd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Core developers list." <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[jdt-core-dev] Papers on the 'Change Method Signature' refactoring

Hello,

As this is not a _user_ question per se, I thought it good to write it on this mailing list. :)

I'm interested in the theory of refactorings in general, and of the 'Change Method Signature' refactoring in particular. The only thing I saw was a one-page summary by Fuhrer et al. Is the Eclipse implementation based on published research? If so, which paper(s) describe the algorithms used?

With kind regards,

MA

Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail._______________________________________________
jdt-core-dev mailing list