[jdt-core-dev] Papers on the 'Change Method Signature' refactoring

Hello,

As this is not a _user_ question per se, I thought it good to write it on this mailing list. :)

I'm interested in the theory of refactorings in general, and of the 'Change Method Signature' refactoring in particular. The only thing I saw was a one-page summary by Fuhrer et al. Is the Eclipse implementation based on published research? If so, which paper(s) describe the algorithms used?

With kind regards,

MA