Re: [jdt-core-dev] 3.1 maintenance and beyond

>So if you are fixing a 3.1.1 defect, there is no need to merge it
>immediately in HEAD; and we should keep HEAD clean as much as we can.

This means we will not get the latest J Core fixes when self-hosting on 3.2
integration builds. Sounds strange to me.

Dani

             Philippe P
             Mulet/France/IBM@
             IBMFR                                                      To
             Sent by:                  jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             jdt-core-dev-boun                                          cc
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-core-dev] 3.1 maintenance and
             29.06.2005 10:19          beyond

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse JDT Core
             developers list."
             <jdt-core-dev@ecl
                 ipse.org>

While we are still debating what 3.2 will be about, we will focus on
maintenance in the R3_1_maintenance branch.
Once we make enough progress, we will merge all changes from
R3_1_maintenance back into HEAD.
So if you are fixing a 3.1.1 defect, there is no need to merge it
immediately in HEAD; and we should keep HEAD clean as much as we can.

Remember that 3.1.1 issues are controlled, and should be acknowledged by me
prior to releasing changes.