Re: [jdt-core-dev] Version v_532c posted as early preview

This works for me. Could you please enter a bug report with steps to
reproduce ?

             Jan Schäfer
             <j_schaef@informa
             tik.uni-kl.de>                                             To
             Sent by:                  jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             jdt-core-dev-admi                                          cc
             n@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [jdt-core-dev] Version v_532c
             01/25/2005 12:56          posted as early preview
             PM

             Please respond to
               jdt-core-dev

> 1.5 and 5.0 are the same thing.
> We should ensure our messages are consistent though, thanks for pointing
it
> out.
I know that 1.5 and 5.0 are the same thing.
Not only the messages are inconsistent, that would not be a problem, but
the
compiler does not compile the code because it complains about the
wrong source level.
So even though I have configured to use Java 5 as source level it still
complains about using the wrong source level and does not compile the code.
I looked into the jdt code and saw a couple of string comparisons in the
form
of "1.5".equals( ..., perhaps something has changed in HEAD since M4 so
that
M4 uses "5.0" and HEAD uses "1.5" or something. Sorry if I am totally
wrong,
but before applying the patch I had not have that problem.

Greetings,

             Jan