Re: [jdt-core-dev] Version v_532c posted as early preview

> 1.5 and 5.0 are the same thing.
> We should ensure our messages are consistent though, thanks for pointing it
> out.
I know that 1.5 and 5.0 are the same thing.
Not only the messages are inconsistent, that would not be a problem, but the
compiler does not compile the code because it complains about the
wrong source level.
So even though I have configured to use Java 5 as source level it still
complains about using the wrong source level and does not compile the code.
I looked into the jdt code and saw a couple of string comparisons in the form
of "1.5".equals( ..., perhaps something has changed in HEAD since M4 so that
M4 uses "5.0" and HEAD uses "1.5" or something. Sorry if I am totally wrong,
but before applying the patch I had not have that problem.

Greetings,

	Jan

Back to the top