Re: [jdt-core-dev] use JDT AST in a standalone application?

You cannot partition the DOM AST from Eclipse, but you can use Eclipse on
the command line as well (i.e. in headless mode, without any UI launched).

             William Deng
             <deng@xxxxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             jdt-core-dev-admi                                          cc
             n@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-core-dev] use JDT AST in a
             12/31/2004 07:06          standalone application?
             PM

             Please respond to
               jdt-core-dev

Hi,
I am building a pattern based Java bug detection tool (like findbugs,
pmd, etc.).
And I want to use JDT as the front-end to get DOM AST from Java source
file. I know
how to do it in the plugin like following:
ASTParser parser = ASTParser.newParser(AST.JLS2);
parser.setSource(file);
ASTNode ast= parser.createAST(null);

But I also want my tool to be able to run in the command line
(outside of eclipse). Is there any way to get AST using JDT outside of
eclipse?
Thanks a lot!

Happy New Year

William Deng