[jdt-core-dev] CustomCompilationUnit

In brief, we wanted to align our home grown rules
source, meta data files source, workflow source, XUL
kindof source etc. living in the familiar java source
package structure along with other java files.

What I was thinking was, if I can diverge build
structure for different source files using Custom
compilation units. Then I can reuse lot of code from
JDT ( in fact lot of code, like buffer, problems,
buffer caches, source ranges, java model, search
patterns etc. )

And I am finding this class PackageFragmentRoot which
just supports two extensions .java and .class. I can
plugin my CustomCompilationUnit's there easily, if it
allowed.

I check the extension points for jdt.core and couldn't
find any for custom compilation units.

Any suggestions ?

-Bhavesh

Note: I might use some "internal" classes with above
approach but minimal and I am comfortable with that.

Back to the top