RE: [jdt-core-dev] [1.5] JCK 1.5 compliance level is 96.60%

We are not pretending shooting for an initial bug free implementation,
since we do not have comprehensive test suites (the JCKs do not have enough
coverage).

Also remember that we have to implement 1.5 support in more than the
Eclipse compiler. We want to leverage generic support throughout our
various tools/API before starting addressing a subsequent feature. There
are some opportunities for piping efforts, as team members become
available.

Happily, generics are by far the biggest piece in 1.5, and once we handle
them, the rest should follow quite smoothly.
We still haven't come up with an early date for exposing the full 1.5
support, it is officially planned for 3.1, but we hope to be able to expose
it much sooner than the official release.

             Steven Buroff
             <sburoff@optonlin
             e.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             jdt-core-dev-admi                                          cc
             n@xxxxxxxxxxx             Steven Buroff
                                       <sburoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
             07/29/2004 03:10          RE: [jdt-core-dev] [1.5] JCK 1.5
             PM                        compliance level is 96.60%

             Please respond to
               jdt-core-dev

Any idea when a drop with basic implementations of all features
(possibly excepting annotations) will be available? Personally,
I think getting a basic implementation of all features should be
a higher priority than getting generics and enhanced for loops
bug free. A think a drop with a basic implementation of all features
but with bugs in some obscure test cases would be of more use
to more people than a bug-free implementation of only 2 of the
features.

Steve Buroff