[jdt-core-dev] RE: [jdt-debug-dev] [1.5] JDT 1.5 update available - Cheetah 02

Ias,

The Cheetah will gradually support more and more features from J2SE1.5.
Currently the focus is on its master piece: generics.
We also have support for the enhanced for statement. The rest will follow,
yet in unspecified order.
Also remember that we need to evolve all our tooling, not just the compiler
(which is still the most significantly affected component
in JDT Core).

Thanks for your interest,
The JDT Core team

             "Ias"
             <iasandcb@xxxxxxx
             .kr>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
             jdt-debug-dev-adm         <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             in@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc
                                       <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
             04/14/2004 01:53          RE: [jdt-debug-dev] [1.5] JDT 1.5
             PM                        update available - Cheetah 02

             Please respond to
               jdt-debug-dev

Thanks for your notice on the 2nd appearance of Cheetah. :-)

> Dear 1.5 fans,
>
> We just posted an update of Cheetah, which should address a
> couple defects:
> 57716 [1.5] NPE compiling SelectionParser in source 1.5
> 57397 [1.5] Unable to save unit
>
> In particular, it should now properly decode signatures of
> parameterized member types which are flourishing in 1.5 class
> libs, and were reported as bogus inconsistencies with Cheetah01.
>
> Please retrieve Cheetah02 from our update site, and find more info at:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-co
> re-home/r3.0/main.html#updates

I found that variable arity (a.k.a. varargs) was left out as a feature to
be
supported. Please check out the feature with the latest (currently public)
spec of JSR 201.

Regards,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)