[jdt-core-dev] Issues when attempting to ride the Cheetah

A few people have reported problems with Eclipse platform after installing
the Cheetah update. These issues are currently being worked on, and likely
are bugs in the platform itself (i.e. we are currently challenging the
update support).

One thing I recommend before attempting to enable 1.5 features is to first
switch to Java perspective.
This is triggering the load of the Cheetah (which is hiding the original
org.eclipse.jdt.core plug-in) and from thereon
things seem to work fine.

We will soon post Cheetah02, so as to address a couple obvious defects:
57716 [1.5] NPE compiling SelectionParser in source 1.5
57397 [1.5] Unable to save unit

It will add support for decoding parameterized member type signatures in
binaries.

We are now working on codeassisting in parameterized types
X<Stri|<--codeassist
and generic methods/constructors.

Back to the top