[jdt-core-dev] RE: [jdt-debug-dev] [1.5] JDT 1.5 preview available - codename "Cheetah"

Ias,

Remember that Cheetah is *NOT* going to be included in Eclipse 3.0, but
rather will be available as a separate download (through update site).
Cheetah is still very young, and will stabilize at a later point than
Eclipse 3.0 which is scheduled for June (before J2SE 1.5 is officially
released).

This being said, any issues you discover with Cheetah (at this point there
are many <g>), should be logged as a bug to JDT Core with prefix "[1.5]"
in title. It is always better to enter a duplicate than not entering any
bug at all.

Have fun trying to ride the cheetah,
- Philippe

             "Ias"
             <iasandcb@xxxxxxx
             .kr>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
             jdt-debug-dev-adm         <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             in@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc
                                       <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             04/08/2004 05:23                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [jdt-debug-dev] [1.5] JDT 1.5
                                       preview available - codename
                                       "Cheetah"
             Please respond to
               jdt-debug-dev

Thanks for delivering news of "Cheetah". I'm writing my last article on
Tiger for a programming journal in Korea, and convinced that Cheetah will
help me to know about how Eclipse 3.0 supports Tiger.

Regards,

Ias

P.S. I found that a class having enhanced for loops statements couldn't be
executed by Sun's JDK 1.5.0 b45 Linux version and Eclipse 3.0-I20040407. If
you want, I'll post the details as a bug report.

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
JSR 201, 204, 222 and 224 Expert Group Member
Apache Web Services Project Member
R&D Center
Tmax Soft, Inc.