RE: [jdt-core-dev] Add JavaDoc tag and contribute to index

> 1. Insert a specific JavaDoc tag into the comment of classes, operations
and
> perhaps other elements to link the code with external information.
> The tag would contain some sort of ID.
Sure. You would have to extend the Java editor for that.

> 2. Contribute to the index, such that one can quickly locate all Java
elements associated with a particular ID?
I am not sure if there are many things indexed at the moment. AFAIK that
only concerns elements that are in the model (classes, methods, ...).
However the latest milestone includes highlighting of references in javadoc
so I assume that Javadoc indeed is in the model now. Though I don't think
that there's an extension point for that. Maybe a public (non-internal)
API...

Eric

--
Eric Bodden