Re: [jdt-core-dev] Stand-alone native build of Eclipse compiler

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 07:32, Olivier Thomann wrote:
> I investigated a executable of the Eclipse batch compiler on win32. I could
> build one if I generate first the .class files and then an executable. I
> had trouble to generate directly an executable using .o files.
> I finally got one, but I still need to provide resources and properties
> files with the executable.

Would you mind giving more detail on java@xxxxxxxxxxx?  I don't think
you should have had problems.

> Is it possible to link all properties files and resources files into the
> executable using gcj?

Yes, you can use gcj's --resource flag.

$ gcj --resource my/package/foo.property foo.property foo.o

This compiles the file foo.property into the object file foo.o.  The
runtime will find it at core:/my/package/foo.property, and core:/ is
implicitly at the end of your CLASSPATH.   If you poke around in my
Makefile you'll see how I put the various resource and property files
into shared libraries.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@xxxxxxxxxx>