Re: [jdt-core-dev] Stand-alone native build of Eclipse compiler

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 04:20, Philippe P Mulet wrote:
> Interesting information. Is it possible to see what benchmarks you are
> using ?

I just built a number of packages, including the compiler itself, and
Xerces.  I compared it to the latest Sun and IBM javac offerings, "gcj
-C", and jikes.

> Also, could you detail how you did build the extracted compiler ? Is it
> possible to build a version for win32 platforms ?

The tar-ball I put up for ftp includes standard autoconf/automake
configury for building it.   The only undocumented trick is to configure
with "--disable-static".  gcj does work on win32, so it should be
possible to make this work there as well, although I haven't tried it.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat, Inc.