[jdt-core-dev] Suggestion for reorganizing compiler preferences...

With recent additions of new compiler options, I noticed that our layout is
reaching its limit again, thus I am proposing the following:

Common Mistakes (i.e. old Style options which are currently defaulting to
WARNING)
- Methods overriden but not package visible
- Methods with a constructor name
- Conflict of interface method with protected 'Object' method
- Hidden catch blocks
- Non-static access to static member
- Assignment has no effect
- Using a char array in string concatenation

Obsolete Code (i.e. old Problems options with a few moved elsewhere)
      - Unreachable code                                    REMOVE since
turning off isn't JLS compliant (historical option for VAJ migration, no
longer an issue)
      - Unresolvable import statements                      REMOVE since
turning off isn't JLS compliant (historical option for VAJ migration, no
longer an issue)
- Unused local variables
- Unused parameters
  +- Signal unused parameters when overriding concrete method.
MISSING
  +- Signal unused parameters when implementing abstract method.  MISSING
- Unused imports
- Unused private types, methods or fields
- Usage of deprecated API
  +- Signal use of deprecated API inside deprecated code

Advanced Diagnosis (i.e. old Style options which are currently defaulting
to IGNORE + max number of problems per unit)
- Superfluous semicolon                                     NEW
- Indirect access to static member                          NEW
- Access to non-accessible member of an enclosing type
- Possible accidental boolean assignment
- Local variable declaration hides another field or variable
  +- Include constructor or setter method parameters
- Field declaration hides another field or variable
- Usage of non-externalized strings
- Maximum number of problems reported per compilation unit

Compliance and Classfiles
- same as current

Build Path
- same as current