Re: [jdt-core-dev] refactorings

> > I have also two questions please:
> > 1) Must i use jdt or pde to develop my refactorings?
>
> it does not matter really what you use
>
> > 2) how can i get the internal code in each case?
>
> what do you mean?
> all source is in dev.eclipse CVS

Julien:

You may be also interested in the "Contributing to Eclipse" book draft,
available online at Yahoo Groups (subscribe to contributingtoeclipse,
look in the Files section). Check that mailing list's archive for a few
useful links to other articles covering the Eclipse plugin architecture.
Eclipse's built-in online help contains a good introduction to writing
plugins and reference manuals for every possible extension point as well.

You don't need to check out the Eclipse code from CVS. If you installed
Eclipse with JDT, you already have it on your disk. To obtain easy access
to the source code of all plugins used in your installation (including
the JDT plugins), you can use the "File/Import/External Plugins And
Fragments" option. After that, you can easily experiment with all the
plugins, step through them with the debugger, even modify them and try
them out in the Run-time Workbench.

-JPL

Back to the top