Re: [jdt-core-dev] Analyzing class dependencies

Hello,

I managed to extend the Compiler class, override process and invoke that
tweaked Compiler by extending o.e.j.i.c.batch.Main and overriding some
methods with implementations closely resembling those from BatchImageBuilder.
However, to accomplish it, I had to copy/paste 6 other JDT internal
classes into my own package due to package-scope access violations.

Are you interested in details, for the sake of making JDT core easier
to extend in later versions? I realize the difference between public
vs published interfaces... but I believe making stuff protected/public
with a "use at your own risk" policy is better than encouraging the
copy/paste way of doing things.

I am still not sure if my approach to leveraging the compiler is right
(the implementation looks ugly, for sure). If you can give some hints
regarding my previous message, you are still warmly welcome. ;-)

Best regards,
Jan Ploski

Back to the top