[jdt-core-dev] Documentation enhancements

Here is our documentation modification plan for next week. Items are
assigned to people, we should shoot for something ready on wednesday night
for giving time for final review and fixup.
org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv\questions\index.html

JDT Core
      How do I launch a Java program from the platform?
            - should be moved to separate section JDT Debug (DARINW?)
      How do I programmatically compile a Java program?
            - should mention the new ant adapter, with ant script
      demonstrating usage (OLIVIER)
            - 'compiling code' should improve section, should describe
      builder options (KENT)
            - 'problem determination' should mention IProblem and
      IProblemRequestor (OLIVIER)
            - explain output folder scrubbing, and resource copy filters
      (KENT)
      How do I programmatically manipulate Java code? (title should change)
            - should add a section describing DOM AST (based on
      http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.jdt.core/notes/r2.0/dom%20ast/ast.html).

      (OLIVIER/JEEM?)
            - Code Modification using Java elements: should mention using
      WorkingCopies to achieve this as well through text (JEROME)
                  edits (like refactoring does), also mention shared
      working copies and buffer factories.
            - Responding to changes in Java elements: should describe shape
      of deltas (with pointer to javadoc), batching and (JEROME)
                  tell about new event types (PRE/POST change + RECONCILE).
            - Insist on deltas with JavaModel operations and model
      consistency (JEROME)
            - Should mention source manipulation using IScanner API
      (OLIVIER)
      How are Java projects, folders, and files different from regular
      resources?
      What is available in the JDT Core API Packages? - seems ok.

      NEW - What's new since 1.0 ? (should add summary of what has changed)
      (PHILIPPE)
         based on what is listed in section 'Work items completed in the
         2.0 stream" at:
         http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-core-home/main.html,
         may also find material (API) in corresponding build notes.

      NEW - How do I setup a project's classpath ? (PHILIPPE)
         - JavaCore APIs
         - entry kinds
         - variable initializers
         - container initializers
         - say a word on workspace project setup

      NEW - What are the JDT/Core options ? (DAVID, KENT)
             - based on javadoc from JavaCore#getDefaultOptions

      NEW - How do I programmatically use the Java search ? (JEROME)
             - better than exhaustively navigate the model
             - search patterns
                  - element vs. textual search
                  - accurate/inaccurate matches
                  - search scopes

+ KENT, review entire doc for english correctness.

Extension points: should add all our extension points (see plugin.xml)
(OLIVIER)

Back to the top