Re: [jdt-core-dev] Model not updated in time

These bugs were introduced in 2.0. They were not present in 1.0. I don't
think the fix to these bugs would solve the more general problem you have.
The java model won't be updated before it has processed the resource
deltas, so you cannot use it before the POST_CHANGE notification.

Jerome

                    Stef_van_Dijk@xxxxxx
                    m                           To:     jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                    cc:
                    jdt-core-dev-admin@e        Subject:     Re: [jdt-core-dev] Model not updated in time
                    clipse.org

                    12/19/2001 04:42 PM
                    Please respond to
                    jdt-core-dev

I just looked at bugs 7033 and 7070 and they sound very much like the Java
Model not up-to-date problem I was encountering, although in my case it
wasn't with a compilation unit.
In my specific scenario, I had a manifest file in the META-INF folder which
I was moving back and forth with it's parent folder. As a result of the
notification, I would get the IPackageFragment associated with the META-INF
directory and request the non-java resources contained therein. At this
point, I would get the wrong set of resources.
So, does this sound like the same basic problem? I guess there may still be
state problems with the model, but it sounds like these bugs may explain
some of what I was experiencing.

   Stef